Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

On February 13, 2009 Rylee flew on a plan to Phoenix, AZ to visit her Nana and Papa. I guess because both of us were nervous about the flight and getting her on it, we didn't take any pictures. I remembered while I was waiting for the plane to take off to take this picture. She is already in the plane and probably playing her DS. She arrived safely in AZ and thought it was fun riding on the plane. She is having a blast. I miss her a lot. I watched Mama Mia later that night, it is a good movie if you like musicals. Of course there is a part in it that made me cry and think of Rylee (especially in the mornings when she is trying to get up for school) so I cried. Paco came over after work, yeah I looked great with my swollen red eyes. He didn't care and even suggested that we get another movie to watch to help take my mind off of things.
Valentine's Day well I didn't make it to Nia's wedding (yeah I will be in trouble for that one for sure). However, Kasey and I decided that we would have dinner together. We decided to have steak, shrimp, fried potatoes and salad. It was delicious. While we were cooking dinner I was playing with Taylor in her room with her kitchen. Well she thought it would be funny to put her Chef's hat on me. I had to have a picture. We played with her kitchen for a long time.


Taylor playing Peet-a-boo (peek-a-boo) with me.


Wow! Aunt Mim how close are you going to get. Actually I was trying to take her picture and she kept running after me to see the camera. She is so use to us showing her the picture right after we take it that she wanted to see it right away. So I snapped this and it was really close, but I just couldn't resist her cute little chubby cheeks.


She loves those little flowers, she takes them out and puts them back in.





I also bought her a Grandma's sugar cookie with pink frosting on it for Valentine's Day. She loved it, she licked the frosting off first then she ate the cookie. Although Kasey and I both agree that when Nana gets back she has to make us all sugar cookies as neither of us know how to make them like Nana and we didn't get any for Christmas or Valentine's Day this year. We sure will be looking forward to those Mom. Don't worry I am saving your recipe for you.

All in all it was a great Valentine's Day - I sure hope that Rylee had fun too. I miss you love ya tons.

1 comment:

Jeff & Elise said...

How fun! Nia got married?!? That is so cool, tell her congrats for me!